Further Terms & Conditions of the Rental Contract
- 1. 80% of the rental price will be charged for cancellation 30 days before the arrival date as well as for late arrival or early departure. Your inability to use the hotel room/suite for personal reasons, e.g. illness, professional or business reasons, does not release you from the legal obligation to pay the price of stay. However, we are required to offset the value of the spared expenses (20% of the rental price, according to the case-law of the Local Court of Niebüll) as well as income from rental to another party. According to the law, you may therefore be required to pay 80% of the rental price even though you cannot use the hotel room/suite. We therefore recommend taking out a travel cancellation insurance policy. If the conditions of your credit card do not include any travel cancellation insurance, we recommend taking out such a policy. Information about this can be obtain from sites such as www.reiseversicherung.de
- The keys to the hotel room/suit can be obtained from our reception any time after 14:00 on the day of arrival. All of the keys are to be returned to us at the end of the rental period. If all of the keys are not returned then there is the threat that significant damage compensation claims could be exercised against you, e.g. for the necessary installation of new door locks.
- Please notify us immediately of any damage to or other defects of the hotel room/suite and fixtures, including the state of cleanliness, so that we can remedy this. Otherwise we will assume that you found the hotel room/suite to be completely satisfactory.
- The rented hotel room/suite is only permitted to be used by the number of people stated in the rental contract. The admission of children or additional adults beyond this number requires our express consent and may require the payment of an additional fee. Furthermore, the hotel room/suite is not permitted to be rented out to third parties or otherwise relinquished to third parties for payment or free of charge.
- The admission of house pets in the room requires our express prior consent.
- Please note that there is no smoking permitted in the entire hotel, in the hotel rooms and suites and in any public areas. The outdoor terraces exclusively are available to our guests for this purpose.
- The keys to the hotel room/suite are to be returned to our reception by 11:00 at the latest on the final day of the rental period. You should absolutely make sure to meet this deadline because new guests may be arriving for that hotel room/suite on the same day and we will have to perform a thorough cleaning beforehand. If the keys are returned late then we must reserve the right to charge an additional day's rent and exercise any damage compensation claims due to the late relinquishment of the hotel room/suite to the subsequent holiday guests.
- If the hotel room/suite is unable to be provided at the start of the rental period for reasons beyond our control, e.g. force majeure, we will make an effort to find another hotel room/suite for you. You have no entitlement to this.
- The lessor is only liable for damages resulting from injury to life, body or health which are due to the wilful or negligent breach of duty on the part of the lessor as well as for other damages which are due to a wilful or grossly negligent breach of duty on the part of the lessor. Sentence 1 applies correspondingly for breaches of duty of a legal representative or vicarious agent of the lessor. Any further liability of the lessor is excluded.
- Any side agreements as well as changes and amendments to the contract are to be made in writing for reasons of proof.
- Should individual provisions of these rental terms and conditions or other provisions of the rental contract be or become invalid, the rest of the contract shall remain valid. The invalid provision is to be replaced by the statutory provisions.
- It is agreed that Flensburg is the place of performance and place of jurisdiction. The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies.